Paper Submission Process
- Create an Account first if you do not already have an account, then sign in.
- Read the Abstract FAQ and submit an abstract using the website.
- On abstract approval, convert your properly formatted 6-20 page paper to PDF and submit your paper for review before the Paper Submission Deadline. If you are working in LaTeX or Microsoft Word, formatting instructions, templates, and FAQs are available at right.
IMPORTANT: There is only ONE paper review. We do NOT review draft or incomplete papers; we review papers you agree are in final format and content. The review normally accepts 80-90% of the papers submitted, and there is no appeal process or secondary review.
- On paper review approval, execute the copyright function, convert/verify your paper via IEEE PDF eXpress, and submit your final paper. Required steps for publicaton will appear in the Author's Panel requesting presentation choices and paper summary for the digest. See IEEE PDF eXpress instructions.
IEEE Copyright Release Forms, due with the revised, final paper after the paper review, must be signed and submitted for each paper. After Paper Review Day, you can login to the website and use the "My Submissions" interface and the Electronic Copyright Function (eCF) to accomplish this.
If you are unable to use this procedure, you may use the latest paper form from the IEEE.
- Fill it out, sign, dated
- scan back in as a .pdf file (72 dpi - 120 dpi - color or blk wht)
- File name to use: ( Paper #-type.pdf ) example: 1001-normal.pdf or 1001-USG.pdf
- email the pdf file with the correct file name to email@example.com
- SUBJECT of email - Copyright form & Paper #, paper title
and if you have computer issues, then mail the copyright form to:
IEEE Aerospace Conferences Office
1301 Lynngrove Drive
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Visa Application Letters
Application processing times are long—sometimes six months. Get a needed letter upon paper submittal or as guest of an author by logging in, under the Resources dropdown, see VISA Letter
IEEE Publication Information
The IEEE Author Digital Toolbox provides advice going beyond what we offer here.
Public Domain Posting
This is a public website. On submission of papers, all authors will warrant they have obtained any needed clearances, including company proprietary and International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) controls, for their works to be freely published in IEEE publications. For further information see:
Important Notice to All Authors: IEEE takes protection of intellectual property seriously. Accordingly, all submissions will be screened for plagiarism. By submitting your work you agree to allow IEEE and the IEEE Aerospace Conference to screen your work. For information on IEEE publication policies, including policies on plagiarism, please visit http://www.ieee.org/documents/opsmanual.pdf
Required Paper Format
IMPORTANT: As the author, for every version of a paper you submit, you are required to comply with the Conference Formatting Requirements as defined in the link below. You should save and print the contents.
If it is discovered at any point in the review process your paper ignored these format instructions, a HOLD will be placed on your paper, and you will be notified to fix and resubmit it for compliance. Please note if this happens close to the final paper deadline, you may not have time to repair and resubmit, and your paper will be dropped from the conference.
Formatting compliance is easy and automatic if you use the Author's Instructions Word document as a template for your paper. These templates contain all the formatting styles you will need. Copy and paste your paper contents into the template using "match destination formatting" in Word. You must also embed your Word fonts in your submitted PDF.
Author's Instructions - Download & Save
In addition to being your formatting template, these instructions contain detailed information about the conference. To download the Author's Instructions Word Document, click the link for your version of Word below or the PDF link if you just want to see what the document should look like:
Users needing help formatting Word documents for conversion to PDF may use this:
LaTeX Format Instructions
LaTeX users must import styles in the .CLS header to automatically format their document. Information on Latex formatting is available.
In either LaTeX or Word, we recommend you convert to PDF and view the results before submission of your PDF papers so you can clean up conversion problems, if any. You may see kerning difficulties on-screen, but these don't tend to show up when the PDF doucument is printed or when fonts are embedded properly.